Madras Indian Slate
- Matte (Finish Code: 58)
- Honed (Finish Code: 77)
The Features icons below are for general reference only. For more specific product information, see Documents section below. Swatches are a representation and may vary in color from the final product. Please obtain a sample of the product before making a final selection.
- Impact Resistant
- Grade 12 Yes
- Grade 10 No
- Grade 20 Yes
- Stain Resistant
- Any Orientation
Easy to clean & maintain
With minimal care, our products will last for years and remain as beautiful as the day you installed it.
Interior use only
Formica® Brand Products are designed for interior use only.
Certificates & Standards
Use and Care Guide / Warranty
- Formica® Laminate, CompactTM and ColorCore2TM Use and Care Guide / Warranty PDF (108KB)
- Formica® Installed Product Warranty Claim Form DOC (36KB)
- Formica® Laminate GreenGuard Certificate of Compliance (formerly Indoor Air Quality Certification) PDF (298KB)
- Formica® Laminate GreenGuard Gold Certificate of Compliance (formerly Children & Schools Certification) PDF (303KB)
Technical Brief / Data Sheet
- Formica® Laminate / Avoiding Laminate Damage Technical Brief PDF (150KB)
- Formica® Laminate / Technical Data PDF (111KB)
- Formica® Laminate / Avoid Laminate-Clad Panel Warpage Technical Brief PDF (78KB)
- Formica® Laminate / How To Install a Countertop PDF (577KB)
- Formica® Laminate / MSDS PDF (96KB)
- Formica® Laminate / Postforming Technical Brief PDF (73KB)
- Formica® Laminate / Resurfacing Laminated Assemblies Technical Brief PDF (77KB)
- Installation Instructions for Easy Laminated Surfaces PDF (206KB)
- Formica® Laminate Anniversary Color Card - 2013 PDF (1.4MB)
- Formica® Laminate Residential Wallboard Chip Locator - 2011 PDF (55KB)
- Formica® Laminate Residential Wallboard Replenishment Form - 2011 PDF (76KB)
- Formica® Laminate Residential Wallboard Schematic - 2011 PDF (901KB)
- Formica® Laminate Residential WB Chip Locator - 2011 (Excel-Alpha) Excel (39KB)
- Formica® Laminate Residential WB Chip Locator - 2011 (Excel-Numerical) Excel (32KB)
- Formica® PremiumFX™ Color Card - 2011 PDF (1.8MB)
- Lowe's® HPL Brochure PDF (5.6MB)
What is the warranty on Formica® Laminate?
The limited warranty for Formica Laminate is one (1) year from the date of purchase.
How do I care for my Formica® Laminate countertop?
Formica® Laminate is designed for beauty and durability. Like any surfacing materials it can be damaged by abuse and carelessness. When used as recommended with proper use and care, the end result is years of satisfaction. Please refer to our Use & Care Guide for Laminate for Care & Maintenance tips.
How do I repair burn marks on my Formica® Laminate countertop?
For those of you whose laminate countertops have had unfortunate experiences with hot cookware, sadly, there is no way to turn back time. It doesn’t have to mean the end of a good-looking countertop, however. Find out ways to prevent or even repair burns.
I don’t like the brown line that you see on the edge of a laminate countertop. Is there a way to avoid it?
Yes. The seam you are referring to is created by a traditional “self-edge” or square edge fabrication (the core edge of the top surface is exposed). One option is to use our IdealEdge™, decorative edges suitable for curved, clipped or 90-degree corner installations, available in two versatile profiles – Ogee and Bullnose. IdealEdge™ profiles are fabricated like a bevel edge, which allows for more installation flexibility, and have the ability to curve and encase all sides of countertops, islands and tables. IdealEdge™ eliminates the final telltale sign of laminate – the brown line.
Can Formica® Laminate be applied to vertical surfaces?
If you are planning a vertical laminate application, review our Formica® laminate technical data sheet for specific details. You’ll see that you must bond the laminate to a #45 density particleboard (ANSI A208.1 - 1999) or an MDF or substrate (this substrate can be thin, such as 3/8”) first and then attach the panel to the wall by using panel adhesive or by bolting through the face with undersized screws.
Can you have an undermount sink with a Formica® Laminate countertop?
Yes! Please refer to our Knowledge article.
How do I buy Formica® Brand Products?
Click on the Where to Buy button at the top of the page and type in your zip code for a list of the closest retailers to you.
I have a problem with my Formica® Brand product. Who do I contact?
Please contact our Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-FORMICA™ (367-6422) or via email at email@example.com.
I have a question about a sample order I placed. Who do I contact?
If my question is not listed here, where can I find my answer?
If your question is not listed here, please contact us or call 1-800-FORMICA™ (367-6422).