On-Trend, Yet Timeless: 33 New Laminates For All Styles and Surfaces
Cincinnati (January 22, 2013) – Formica Corporation introduces 33 on-trend yet timeless Formica® brand laminate patterns, including refreshed woodgrains, graphics and optimistic brights, at the 2013 International Builders’ Show, January 22-24, in Booth #C5047.
“The popularity of wood looks – especially as countertop surfaces – is on the rise as more eco-conscious homeowners opt to reflect the natural world indoors,” said Gerri Chmiel, senior design manager at Formica Corporation. “In addition, as style preferences shift from traditional to more contemporary, homeowners are drawn to vibrant colors and graphic patterns. Our new collection addresses these trends, yet still remains highly versatile so designers can find the ideal match for any home style or surface.”
The 2013 Formica® brand laminate collection includes:
Woodgrains: Ten New Classics and Four Patterns
Natural and timeless wood looks are in demand for cabinetry, islands, built-in furniture and modern countertops.
New Classics-Simplicity is the new luxe. Classic woodgrains such as Ash, Legno, Teak and Walnut are restyled in up-to-date colors and layouts to combine impact with longevity.
Ash: Straight-grained and open-pored, Ash has a modern, urban-loft influence.
- 8841-58 White Ash – fresh and clean white wood with soft gray ticking
- 8842-58 Weathered Ash – modern and warm smoky gray
- 8843-58 Natural Ash – natural raw wood
- 8844-58 Aged Ash – natural ash darkened and mellowed by age
Legno: Italian for wood, Legno is derived from the Jarrah tree – a member of the eucalyptus family. Legno is a fibrous-looking wood pattern with subtle ticking and graining.
- 8845-58 Bleached Legno – cool gray-brown, bleached from the sun
- 8846-58 Oiled Legno – warm reddish-brown with golden highlights
- 8847-58 Jarrah Legno – modern dark chocolate brown with red highlights
- 8848-58 Blackened Legno – black with brown undertones and highlighted ticking
Teak: Teak has always been a prized material with a tremendous influence on Danish design. As the mid-century modern design influence grows, the warmth of teak balances color, texture and pattern.
- 8849-58 Natural Teak – classic, warm reddish-brown with golden undertones and dark brown graining
Walnut: Exotic wood looks are an emerging trend for high-end installations – especially when they capture the rarity of mature, full-planked wood.
- 3485-58 Black Walnut – subtle red and gold colors balance rich brown tones
Patterned Woodgrains- Patterned Woodgrains behave as patterns when used with wood, but take on the role of wood when paired with traditional patterns and woodgrains.
Ribbonwood: Ribbonwood utilizes 5/32” wide strips of wood to create a modern, butcher-block look.
- 8839-58 Ashen Ribbonwood – warm and cool gray blend for a modern driftwood look
- 8840-58 Natural Ribbonwood – easy color combination of browns
- 0863-58 Myriad Ribbonwood – like its name, a myriad of medium to dark brown warm tones
- 0873-58 Ebony Ribbonwood – black with shades of gray, both warm and cool
Patterns: Nine New Graphics, Optical Solids and Versatile “Chameleons”
Formica Corporation finds the ideal balance between visual interest, versatility and longevity with its nine new graphic, optical solid and chameleon patterns
Graphics: Graphics add whimsy yet still remain highly usable and timeless.
Drops: Drops is a graphic, yet organic, pattern through the play of imperfect dots on horizontal lines.
- 8824-58 White Drops – negative white background with positive gray “drops”
- 8825-58 Platinum Drops – negative platinum background with positive darker “drops”
Optical Solids: Subtle yet versatile, optical solids look like solid colors from afar, but feature detail and pattern upon closer look.
Twill: In weaving, twill is a simple yet regular pattern with raised diagonal parallel ribs. Inspired by menswear, the new Formica® brand Twill pattern is a subtle contrast between vertical “threads” and a diagonal pattern.
- 8826-58 Neutral Twill – warm white-on-white with gray and brown nubs for texture
- 8827-58 Sarum Twill – sophisticated mid-tone gray
- 8828-58 Earthen Twill – earthen brown with slubs of dark chocolate
- 8829-58 Graphite Twill – sophisticated graphite and black
Chameleons: The new Chameleon concept introduces a versatile pattern that can be interpreted as a variety of natural and man-made materials.
Elemental: A large-scale pattern with a large repeat (60” wide x 51.5” long), Elemental takes on the look of concrete, metal and even stone.
- 8830-58 Elemental Concrete – cool gray with a hint of warmth evokes the look of concrete
- 8831-58 Elemental Stone – warm brown and chocolate blend with cool grays for a very usable stone-like pattern
- 8832-58 Elemental Corten – rust, brown and gray blend to create a rusted metal look
Solid Colors-10 Optimistic Brights, Mid-Tone Chromas and Complex Neutrals
In addition to new woodgrains and patterns, Formica Corporation rounds out 2013 with 10 solid colors.
- 0232-58 Amarena – juicy blend of pink and purple
- 7882-58 Pale Gold – soft warm and clean yellow
- 8820-58 Leaf Green – fresh and bright yellow green, like a new leaf
- 0800-58 Artichoke Green – light, mid-tone olive green with a botanical feel
- 2007-58 Dali – ultra-pale ethereal blue
- 8821-58 Just Blue – blue with a hint of violet, floral in nature
- 2770-58 Sarum Gray – architectural gray with warm undertones
- 3202-58 Otter – complex gray with green and yellow undertones
- 8751-58 Mohave – yellow-based brown
- 8823-58 Patina – deep and rich, inspired by the patina of rust, wood and leather
The 2013 Formica® brand laminate collection is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) certified and is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute under the GREENGUARD Standard for Low-Emitting Products, including the requirements for Children and Schools.
About Formica Corporation
Founded in 1913, Formica Corporation, part of the Formica Group of companies, is a leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative surfacing products for commercial and residential applications. For more information about Formica Corporation, its products, special programs and promotions, visit www.formica.com or call 1-800-FORMICA™.
About Formica Group
Formica Group globally leads the industry in the design, manufacture and distribution of surfacing materials. Formica Group is a global group of companies consisting of Formica Canada, Inc., Formica Corporation, Formica de Mexico S.A. de C.V., Formica IKI Oy, Formica Limited, Formica S.A., Formica S.A.S., Formica Taiwan Corporation, Formica (Thailand) Co., Ltd., and Formica (Asia) Ltd., among others.
Formica® and the Formica® Anvil Logo are registered trademarks of The Diller Corporation.
1-800-FORMICA™ is a trademark of The Diller Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2013 The Diller CorporationA Fletcher Building Company