We have adopted sustainable business practices throughout our global operations, embraced emerging green standards set forth by the building community and pioneered environmentally responsible products that have raised the bar for the entire surfacing industry.
Our sustainability efforts have been – and will continue to be – focused, measured and supportive for our business. As a result, Formica Corporation will be a stronger, more sustainable company, poised to provide customers with cost-effective green building solutions for years to come.
Browse our website to learn more about sustainability initiatives and achievements at Formica Corporation, product certifications and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), as well as the comprehensive strategies we’ve employed to make a significant contribution to a sustainable future.
As a responsible corporate global citizen, Formica Corporation has established numerous programs of environmental management reflecting our belief that significant action must follow good intentions and ambitious goals.
We continually develop strategies that enable us to move toward sustainability with efforts to:
* reduce energy use throughout the life of our products
* reduce carbon emissions by developing renewable energy sources, waste-to-energy technologies and fuel-efficient freight activities per recommendations from the National Center for Sustainable Transportation
* work with suppliers to increase recycled and eco-friendly content in our raw materials, making mandatory the use of fibers from sustainable forests
Corporate leadership in sustainability
Formica Corporation is part of the International Business division of Fletcher Building, an integrated manufacturer and distributor of building products, and we share the commitment of Fletcher Building to corporate leadership in sustainability. The information presented here summarizes the activities, achievements and goals of Formica Corporation in the sphere of sustainable policies, programs and practices.
Fletcher Building is committed to maintaining the long-term viability of our businesses by minimizing our impacts on the natural environment. We employ a range of strategies to support our sustainability goals, including the use of recycled materials as raw materials and fuels, the use of renewable energy- particularly biomass- and the introduction of new technologies to improve energy efficiency.
We advance our sustainability focus by taking action to:
* Ensure that our products and services lead to greater environmental efficiency in customers’ buildings and infrastructure;
* Eliminate or minimize waste from products, services and workplaces; and
* Find and implement economical energy-efficient solutions for our businesses
Fletcher Building has formed an Executive Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Council to direct and coordinate efforts to reduce the company’s environmental footprint and to improve communications and effectiveness on these issues.
For more information about Fletcher Building’s sustainability achievements and goals, please visit www.fletcherbuilding.com