The 2019 FORM Student Innovation Competition is open for entries through Dec. 10, 2018. Architecture and interior design students are invited to showcase their creativity by designing furniture pieces for resimercial spaces that incorporate Formica®
Laminate products. These resimercial designs should embrace the blurring lines between commercial and residential architecture and design and showcase pieces that could be used in either setting.
To enter, please read the official competition rules
and submit all entry materials to email@example.com
Submissions will be judged by an esteemed panel of industry and design professionals:
- Leanne Ford, interior designer and star of “Restored by the Fords” on HGTV
- Tristan Butterfield, chief creative officer at Baker Interiors Group
- Jaime Velez, former director of interior design at SOM
- Renee Hytry Derrington, global design lead at Formica Group
- Steven Matijcio, curator for the Contemporary Arts Center in Cincinnati
The grand prize winner will receive a $1,500 cash award and his or her fabricated design will be displayed in an exhibit at the Contemporary Arts Center in Cincinnati from March 22-April 7, 2019.
About the Competition:
The FORM Student Innovation Competition is a modern take on the original “FORM: Contemporary Architects at Play” challenge, held by Formica Corporation in 2008. Ten world-renowned architects, including Zaha Hadid, Michael Graves, Bernard Tschumi and Massimo Vignelli, constructed new works of art from Formica®