Formica Group REACH Roles and Obligations
In legislation our roles are classified as:
- Downstream user of chemicals.
- End user of chemicals.
- Article producer.
1. Communication with Suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure that purchased chemicals are registered, evaluated and authorised for use.
- Create a Supplier Compliance Database.
- Request Safety Data to accompany chemical purchases.
2. Evaluate and secure supply chain
- Periodically evaluate supplier compliance database.
- Source chemicals from REACH compliant suppliers.
- Communicate through the supply chain.
3. Review safety data and labelling information
- Incoming data - Collect and review safety data from suppliers periodically.
- Outgoing data ensure that we supply current and precise technical and safety data to our customers.
4. High Pressure Laminates are classified as finished Articles
- Confirming that finished articles do not contain any substances that have been placed on the ECHA candidate list (substances which are defined as very hazardous and earmarked for removal or restriction).
5. Monitor candidate list for future impacts
- Monitor published Candidates list for chemicals that are being evaluated to be potentially removed or limits applied.
- Inform Customers if product composition changes or includes restricted chemicals.