As a responsible global citizen, Formica Group has established numerous programmes of environmental management reflecting our belief that significant action must follow good intentions and ambitious goals.
We continually develop strategies that enable us to move toward sustainability with efforts to:
- Reduce energy use throughout the life of our products.
- Reduce carbon emissions by developing renewable energy sources, waste-to-energy technologies and fuel-efficient freight activities.
- Work with suppliers to increase recycled and eco-friendly content in our raw materials, making mandatory the use of fibres from sustainable forests.
Together with the Laminex Group, Formica Group forms the Laminates & Panels division of Fletcher Building and as such, shares the commitment of Fletcher Building to corporate leadership in sustainability. The information presented here summarises the activities, achievements and goals of Formica Group in the sphere of sustainable policies, programmes and practices.
Corporate Leadership in Sustainability
Fletcher Building is committed to maintaining the long-term viability of our businesses by minimising our impacts on the natural environment. We employ a range of strategies to support our sustainability goals, including the use of recycled materials as raw material and fuels, the use of renewable energy—particularly biomass—and the introduction of new technologies to improve energy efficiency.
We advance sustainability by taking action to:
- Ensure that our products and services lead to greater environmental efficiency in customers' buildings and infrastructure.
- Eliminate or minimise waste from products, services and workplaces.
- Find and implement economical energy-efficient solutions for our businesses.
Fletcher Building has formed an Executive Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Council to direct and coordinate efforts to reduce the company's environmental footprint and to improve communications and effectiveness on these issues.
Government Envinronmental Regulations
Formica Group plants worldwide comply with all relevant local, state or provincial, and country government regulations encompassing air emissions and quality, noise level, water discharges, and liquid and solid waste disposal.