Current Status and Activity
Formica Group has made a commitment to reduce our carbon emission. We continuously activate programs to reduce carbon impacts from our products and activities in all Formica Group facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. These strategies form a global program to reduce our total annual carbon footprint.
Formica Group is also a member of the Carbon Disclosure project, along with other leading global companies that contribute to worldwide initiatives to publicize, understand and reduce the potential effects of carbon emissions.
Among the current strategies we employ:
- Closed loop press heating systems conserve hot water.
- Biomass is used to generate energy.
- Advanced boiler control systems maximize energy combustion and reduce energy use.
- High efficiency compressors.
- High efficiency motors.
- Energy saving lighting systems.
- Development of efficient freight routes to maximize fuel economy.
- Investigation into further use of renewable sources.
Formica Group has established waste objectives to reduce the quantity of paper and other waste that is sent to landfill (landfill sites generate greenhouse gases).